Old 12-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Gardener Gardener is offline
Registered User

Default John Deere L110 vs L118

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardener
I recently purchased a JD L118 and after reading the manual, I realized that the transmission is not the same as the L120. The ads, especially Home Depot, led me to believe that this was identical to the L120 but without some of the frills and a smaller deck. I contacted JD customer service about the ads and my concern that the transmission (same as the L110) was not up to the combination of weight, power,wheels etc. over the long term. The response was if I didn't like it, return it (at my expense). In several correspondences, they have not tried to reassure me. Tonight I have read of some starting problems;one more headache I don't want to deal with. I am thankful that I bought this from a JD dealer as they will take the unit back within 30 days.