Old 12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Frogleg

Default Tree root is damaging the walkway

On 11 May 2004 12:06:25 -0700, (Person Person)
wrote:

We have a big tree in the yard, it's roots are moving the fence,
breaking concrete walkaways, etc.
Is there any way to fix this without cutting the tree down? It is
close the the house, and we are now seeing cracks in the garage's
floor.

You can cut out the roots doing the damage, but that may (or may not)
kill the tree, which will then have to be cut down before it falls
down. I'd say a monster tree that's wrecking your infrastructure
should be removed ASAP. It's not going to stop on its own, and
repairing present damage will not prevent future problems.