Old 12-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Susan Erickson

Default My first orchid. (what is it?)

On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:31 GMT, Toronto Orchids
wrote:

Hey guys n' gals...

stumbled across this message board while in google and you all seem to
know the goods on orchids so I registered hoping somebody could assist
me in identifying my orchid.

My girlfriend bought me an orchid for my birthday. Why she would
choose such a 'fussy' flower is beyond me... as I don't fancy myself
the 'nurturing' type. I know nothing about orchids and have only
heard comments that would lead me to believe it is very difficult to
take care of.

First off... here's a couple pictures of the orchid.

[image: http://a6.cpimg.com/image/68/A0/3347...-01800200-.jpg]

[image: http://a7.cpimg.com/image/69/A0/3347...-02000180-.jpg]

How can I identify this orchid ?

thanks a whole bunch in advance for all your time.

p.

Did you think maybe she is just checking out the 'nurturing'
ability or your 'softer side'?

This is a lovely Phal hybrid. Name unknown. Very easy to grow
and proof positive you can remember some other living thing...
SuE