Old 12-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Juniper rescue

Thanks for all the advice! What about superthrive ?
And how soon do you think i'll know if i was successful?
I realize that Junipers stay green and pretty for a while after

the roots are gone.

=============

If you are disastrously not successful, you'll know inside a
month, maybe 6 weeks.

Otherwise, if it clings stubbornly to life you'll be on
tenterhooks through the winter and into spring before you find
out whether it decides to make it. I have had late-collected
juniper put out new growth the following spring, then decide it
took too much stored-up energy to maintain it, and wither away.

Superthrive will neither help nor (probably) hurt.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++