Old 12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
wendy7

Default My first orchid. (what is it?)

Welcome p. & happy belated birthday. What a neat gift.
You have already received some good advice but stay around as
you will always get answers to your questions.
Your phalaenopsis flowers probably won't last too much longer, then I
would re pot it in a loose airy mix. You can purchase small bag at a
nursery.
In the mean time don't overwater it & do not let it sit in a saucer with
water.
They like to be kept warmish, room temps but also with fresh air.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Toronto Orchids wrote:
Hey guys n' gals...

stumbled across this message board while in google and you all seem to
know the goods on orchids so I registered hoping somebody could assist
me in identifying my orchid.

My girlfriend bought me an orchid for my birthday. Why she would
choose such a 'fussy' flower is beyond me... as I don't fancy myself
the 'nurturing' type. I know nothing about orchids and have only
heard comments that would lead me to believe it is very difficult to
take care of.

First off... here's a couple pictures of the orchid.

[image: http://a6.cpimg.com/image/68/A0/3347...-01800200-.jpg]

[image: http://a7.cpimg.com/image/69/A0/3347...-02000180-.jpg]

How can I identify this orchid ?

thanks a whole bunch in advance for all your time.

p.