Old 12-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Brian

Default another mystery plant

I would agree~ Brugmansia [Datura]. They do have spines and are very
poisonous but this is often exaggerated. Expect trumpet flowers if we are
correct.
Best Wishes Brian.
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Philippe Gautier Philippe.
writes
Hi, A friend receive these young plants (house plants?):

http://www.gogo.me.uk/temp/mystery_plant.html

Sorry the thumbnails are all screwed up but the actual images (when you
click on the thumbnail) look fine.
he was told it was some sort of ornemental cucurbitacae (squash,
pumpkin,...). But I really don't think so. At first it looked to me like
plants of the Solanacae family. Now, they start growing these big thorns
on the surface of the leaves. Possibly Datura? Any one has seen that

before?

Reminiscent of thornapple Datura stramonium (which is of course in the
Solanaceae) though I'm not completely sure whether that has spines. You
won't get a conclusive answer till it flowers.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: