Old 12-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Can J Maples Take 85 Degree Sun?

Extra Warm?? Wow. We've already had a couple weeks in the upper 90's and a couple days over 100. Hottest April here in history. Maples are fine. But Jim, they certainly wont stay that way here. Sunburn is the catchword of summer here. It really can'
t be avoided totally, but can be lessened with shade cloth during the mid-day and afternoons when it is the hottest. Plenty of water (don't let them get totally dry) wont hurt, and Iris uses another product (I forget now what because it didn't work for me
in my climate) which works for her, and she is considerably closer to you than I am.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9