Old 13-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Default More moss than I know what to do with...

You should not need more then one application of Moss-Out per year ...

De-thatching should be done if moss/thatch is thicker then one inch and only if
moss/thatch is killing the grass plants.

Lawns can be alot of work. If you have money, have someone else do the work.

HOIB wrote:

Good morning to the group here. Very nice forum.

I have an older lawn that suffers from moss. I've trimmed out trees (at
considerable expense) but I haven't done a pH test nor have I aerated yet.
I have run a dethatching rake over the area but it seems to remove too much
of the good grass too.

Next, I put down a moss reducing application from a hose-end sprayer. I'm
not sure if I used enough. Anyway, my question is if the moss dies out,
will I need to pull out and remove whatever material remains on the ground?
What will the dead moss areas look like in terms of color? It's spread over
a large area (a cluster here, a cluster there) and I detest the thought of
expending much effort.

Thanks so much.

H.