Old 13-05-2004, 06:05 AM
Sis

Default Blackspot and Japanese Beetles

Right now my roses are all beautiful, but every year, starting in June, they
develop blackspot and are attacked by Japanese Beetles. I have garden sulfur
for the blackspot,but I'm not sure how to use it. I don't want to poison any
beneficial insects with it either. I know not to wet the leaves,but it does
rain at night, and the leaves stay wet.
As for the beetles; I try to knock them off into a jar filled with bleach or
ammonia(I forget what exactly to use), but there are so many and I can't be
home all the time. I doubt if there is anything that would kill or keep the
beetles away without harming the bees,is there?The beetles lures aren't very
effective. Would some kind person please give me some help!? Thanks. S