Old 13-05-2004, 06:07 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Newbie here...

May you enjoy the pond!

Koi want a min of 1,000 gal. and an additional 100 gal per additional koi.
550 gal is too small.

Loads of plant growth will help our algae problems.

Good luck.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"The~Doofie~Man©" wrote in message
Greetings from Ontario Canada folks.
I just bought a 550 gallon pond kit. for my mom's backyard. I went medium
sized for her so she can look after it when I move next year. Then I plan
putting my plumbing skills to work and building a 1500ish gallon pond at

our
new house.
Anyway I have everything in & working. I'm surprised I got the waterfall
feature to look so natural in so little time. I have some minor

landscaping
to do & I'm just waiting for the muckiness to be removed from the pond,

some
of the outlining rocks were a little muddy.
Anyway I know I can't get too fancy with this pond cause its a kit. (A
Beckett Kit if that helps) No UV, skimmer etc, just a pump.
I have a few questions.
Once the murkiness clears how long after can I put goldfish in. From the
various posts I read in here, I assume goldfish are far easier to maintain
than Kois. My mom or even me in the future doesn't need to be checking

this
& that every day if you know what I mean.
Do I need to add chemicals weekly to the pond for the fish to survive.
I'll be adding plants after the pond goes clear. The pond gets a lot of

sun
so I take it I need to add algaecides as well.
any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to take a pic and link it up
later this week.
Thanks for the help in advance..

P.S. If anyone needs any plumbing info, don't hesitate to ask.
--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"