Old 13-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Bill

Default Lotus questions

I was given a handful of Lotus tubers(?hard white things). I know next to
nothing about Lotus except they are similar to water lilies, diff leaves,
fewer blooms, etc. I 'planted' several with minimal end growth, essentially
as I would a lily, using a cut down 5 gallon container. Shortly a leaf
surfaced, roots started developing at that 'joint'. It sent out another
'runner'? 5 or 6 inches over the edge of the pot, another leaf, then another
runner. At this rate it will be to the other end of the pond in a couple of
months.
Questions: 1)Is this normal or did I 'plant' it in the wrong manner to
encourage it to stay in the pot. 2)I still have 6 tubers which I have not
done anything with. What should I be doing with these to keep them
developing untill I plant or give them away.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas