Old 13-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Allview

Default How often and how much to water newly planted trees and bushes

I just had 2 trees planted last Thursday. The manager of the garden center who
planted them for me said that they need 1" of water per week. He said to stick
a trowel in the outer perimeter of the hole and see if it is dry.

In Ohio we've been having a short but heavy rain every p.m. so I imagine that
is great for trees starting out. I got a service berry and a Sargent
crabapple. I'm very interested in your red currant bush. I'll have to look up
it's requirements.

Marilyn