Old 13-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Allen

Default [IBC] Juniper rescue

(Jim Lewis) wrote in message

If you are disastrously not successful, you'll know inside a
month, maybe 6 weeks.

Otherwise, if it clings stubbornly to life you'll be on
tenterhooks through the winter and into spring before you find
out whether it decides to make it. I have had late-collected
juniper put out new growth the following spring, then decide it
took too much stored-up energy to maintain it, and wither away.

Superthrive will neither help nor (probably) hurt.

What i really wanted to know was: How soon I can start treating these
junipers like junipers and put them in the sun ? I'm not going to do
any 'bonsai' work or cause them any further stress until they get some
new growth next spring for sure ! I just don't want them to languish
in the cooler shade when they need to be junipers. So ... 6 weeks
you think ?