Old 13-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Keeping water hyacinths out of skimmers

I wanted to keep the WH away from my lilies, so I strung some
monfilament fishing line across the pond about 2 inches below the
water. Fastened it at each end with a loop of aluminum wire wedged
under a rock.

The roots of the WH catch on the line and keep it from drifting into
forbidden territory, and you can't see the line unless you know to
look for it.

HTH
Mike

On Thu, 13 May 2004 02:22:25 GMT, "Remydog"
wrote:

Any suggestions other than -- duh, don't put in any water hyacinths! We like
them and they're kind of neat floating around.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.