Old 13-05-2004, 10:09 PM
[H]omer

Default Identify soil type for wildflower meadow?

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:41:37 +0100, Kay Easton wrote:

In article , [H]omer
writes

3. Dry Loam and Verges (improved soils) - Verge yes, but not that dry.

I wonder if the 'improved soil' description means this would be suitable
for your high nitrogen conditions?

The nitrogen level seems to be the overwhelming factor here, so you've got
a good point.

18. Raw Impoverished Sub Soil - Could be.

Not with docks!

Yes, exactly. I wasn't thinking clearly about that.

a) How expensive are they, and what quantities do you need to buy?

€160/Kg.

The site claims that although the prices are high, you get good value,
since they don't "cut" their mixes with grass seed ... unless you
specifically ask for it. They also claim that *all* the species they use
are 100% genuinely native varieties harvested from plants within Ireland.

Could you try two or three different mixes?

Certainly, although they are *quite* expensive. See the link below.

b) But best suggestion is to phone them and seek their advice. They know
what they've put in the mixes!

Yup, I'll do that.

What is the site? I'd be interested in seeing what they have too.

Since you've asked for the link to a commercial site ...:

http://www.allgowild.com/dbn_trade_c...pricelists.htm

Thanks,

-
[H]omer