Old 14-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Helena Handbasket

Default [IBC] 'Jacqueline Hillier'

I second that. It's one of those little trees that have me
leaning more and
more towards elms everyday. I have yet to kill an elm. LOL!

Gee. Now I feel bad. I lost several (bonsai and non-bonsai)
last year in some kind of blight that raged through Tallahassee.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Oh man, these insects and diseases are just devastating. I was really
dismayed to see that in California the Coastal Live Oaks are threatened.
We've been losing Red Oaks here to a grub.

I was really surprised to see the checkpoints where you have to cut loose of
your fruits and trees in California were totally unmanned. Budget cuts I
guess.

It's really sad in this day and age that we can't find effective methods to
deal with blights that cause wide scale destruction. I guess it's like
human viruses that find ways to live.

--
katie