Old 14-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Tim Nicholson

Default Topsoil suppliers

Hi again

Could any of you recommend a supplier of quality topsoil in Ayrshire?
I think I'm going to need around 4 - 6 tonnes of the stuff to fill the
new raised veggie beds we've created, and from a quick google (and a
trawl through the yellow pages) prices seem to vary considerably. My
guess is that the lower the price, the lower the quality goes, and as
I don't want to have to break down large lumps of clay (that's why
we're building the beds in the first place), I'm prepared to pay a bit
extra for something I know will be good for the job. Rolawn seem to
offer a high quality 'blended loam' although at a high price, so does
anyone know of a comparable quality product from a lesser known name
who might be a bit cheaper?

Thanks

Tim