Old 14-05-2004, 02:05 PM
escapee

Default Will a Black Locust grow in S. Texas?

Dirr only gives cold hardiness, not heat zones. I've seen black locust down
here, but it does get out of hand and reseeds everywhere and takes over and
needs to be weeded out a lot, etc.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:05:40 GMT, "David J Bockman"
opined:

According to Dirr, ROBINIA PSEUDOACACIA (Black Locust, Common Locust,
Yellow or White Locust)

Is hardy in Zones 4-8.

Dave

"Simon" wrote in message
I have one growing in the corner of my property here in the northeast

Dallas
area. Someone told me it was a black locust. Has thorns all over it.
about 30 ft tall.

Not a tree you want to cultivate in my opinion.

"Jim Caldwell" wrote in message
We may be in zone 9 here (Corpus Christi), and I see that this species

is
hardy in zone 4-8. Does this mean it gets too hot here for the tree to

do
well?