Old 14-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Gail Futoran

Default New growth turned brown!

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
I bought the roses at a nusery that is very popular and

endorsed by the Rose
Society. I spent good money for these roses. No I didn't

soak them, neither
instructions nor the people at the nursery suggested that.
So they are dead?

If all canes are brown on one rose bush, it's probably
dead, given that your other rose bushes have green
canes. (Hard to tell from your description.)

There are so many variables, like what kind of
soil (lots of rain isn't good if you have heavy
soil + poor drainage), amount of sun the roses
get (most need 6 hours of direct sun daily),
whether you've been feeding them (not advised
for new plantings), etc. that affect rose bush
performance/health.

If the nursery is really as reputable as you
seem to be saying, I'd take the dead one
back for replacement or refund, and then ask
questions about proper planting, etc. to see if
you can help the live roses along.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8