Old 14-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pruning a Pyracantha

One of the trees I lost was a nice little Pyracantha cascade.

I do have several potensai Pyracantha on my growing-on bench, but
they'll need a lot of pruning. Which leads me to my question:

Does anyone have any pruning tips for this species? Pruning
scars seem to NOT heal over with Pyracantha. Is there some
technique that promotes callusing of wounds on these?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++