Old 14-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Sacha

Default Carole Cline's garden

cross13/5/04 10:41

I heard that Carole Cline's garden is open for visiting. We are hoping to
visit the area next week but I can't find any information on the web.

Please can anyone let me know if this is true, and also address and opening
times.

Thanks in advance.

Marina
E. Sx

ps. We hope to visit Hill House Nursery too ;-)

Carol Klein is at:
Pixie lane, Warkleigh
Umberleigh, Devon, EX37 9DH
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 01769 540554

Categories:

* Plants: Perennial flowers
* Seeds: Perennial flowers

Her garden is small and that is not in any sense derogatory - just an
indication that it won't take long to go round. We think the garden and
Nursery are about half an acre together. The garden is planted ingeniously,
IMO and I really enjoyed my visit because of the plants she uses and the use
she makes of them. She never makes the mistake of thinking 'small garden,
small plants' and much of her planting is eye catching and dramatic.
However, if we're in the boondocks, she's in their first cousin. My husband
has been there a few times, I never had until last year and he still had to
ask directions - a sign of true desperation in a man, IME. ;-) So give
yourself time to find it and don't be surprised to be directed to a track
across a field.
I think we're probably about 1.5 hours apart in driving time, allowing for
traffic hold ups and the wiggly lanes factor.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk