Old 13-05-2004, 11:04 AM
cross

Default Carole Cline's garden

I heard that Carole Cline's garden is open for visiting. We are hoping to
visit the area next week but I can't find any information on the web.

Please can anyone let me know if this is true, and also address and opening
times.

Thanks in advance.

Marina
E. Sx

ps. We hope to visit Hill House Nursery too ;-)

Old 13-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Stan The Man

In article , cross
wrote:

I heard that Carole Cline's garden is open for visiting. We are hoping to
visit the area next week but I can't find any information on the web.

Please can anyone let me know if this is true, and also address and opening
times.

Thanks in advance.

Marina
E. Sx

ps. We hope to visit Hill House Nursery too ;-)

Carol Klein's garden is Glebe Cottage in Warkleigh, Devon and according
to this slightly out of date reference, it's open on a couple of
Sundays in March:

http://www.ngs.org.uk/marchgardens2003.htm

If you were searching for "Cline" you wouldn't have got very far.

Stan
Old 13-05-2004, 02:05 PM
martin

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:56:27 +0100, Stan The Man
wrote:

In article , cross
wrote:

I heard that Carole Cline's garden is open for visiting. We are hoping to
visit the area next week but I can't find any information on the web.

Please can anyone let me know if this is true, and also address and opening
times.

Thanks in advance.

Marina
E. Sx

ps. We hope to visit Hill House Nursery too ;-)

Carol Klein's garden is Glebe Cottage in Warkleigh, Devon and according
to this slightly out of date reference, it's open on a couple of
Sundays in March:

http://www.ngs.org.uk/marchgardens2003.htm

If you were searching for "Cline" you wouldn't have got very far.

and if you were thinking of visiting in March 2003 you've missed it,
by 14 months :-)

Find an open garden (maybe!) at http://www.ngs.org.uk/search1.htm

Glebe Cottage is open in 2004 on

06 June 2004 ---- next open day
Old 13-05-2004, 06:10 PM
martin

On Thu, 13 May 2004 16:53:09 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Stan The Man wrote in
:

It's no good, I have to ask, I have to know...

Stan, are you the same 'stan the man' who used to be 'naked under this
macintosh' ???

fiendsreunited? :-)
Old 13-05-2004, 10:07 PM
cross

Carol Klein's garden is Glebe Cottage in Warkleigh, Devon and according
to this slightly out of date reference, it's open on a couple of
Sundays in March:

Find an open garden (maybe!) at http://www.ngs.org.uk/search1.htm

Glebe Cottage is open in 2004 on

06 June 2004 ---- next open day

---------
Thanks for the replies, and spelling correction ;-)

Unfortunately, we are not around that area on 6th June. Perhaps another
time...............

Best wishes for a blooming summer.
Marina.

Old 14-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Sacha

cross13/5/04 10:41

I heard that Carole Cline's garden is open for visiting. We are hoping to
visit the area next week but I can't find any information on the web.

Please can anyone let me know if this is true, and also address and opening
times.

Thanks in advance.

Marina
E. Sx

ps. We hope to visit Hill House Nursery too ;-)

Carol Klein is at:
Pixie lane, Warkleigh
Umberleigh, Devon, EX37 9DH
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 01769 540554

Categories:

* Plants: Perennial flowers
* Seeds: Perennial flowers

Her garden is small and that is not in any sense derogatory - just an
indication that it won't take long to go round. We think the garden and
Nursery are about half an acre together. The garden is planted ingeniously,
IMO and I really enjoyed my visit because of the plants she uses and the use
she makes of them. She never makes the mistake of thinking 'small garden,
small plants' and much of her planting is eye catching and dramatic.
However, if we're in the boondocks, she's in their first cousin. My husband
has been there a few times, I never had until last year and he still had to
ask directions - a sign of true desperation in a man, IME. ;-) So give
yourself time to find it and don't be surprised to be directed to a track
across a field.
I think we're probably about 1.5 hours apart in driving time, allowing for
traffic hold ups and the wiggly lanes factor.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

My husband
has been there a few times, I never had until last year and he still had to
ask directions - a sign of true desperation in a man, IME. ;-)

LOL. After three decades, I still await that experience. Still, quite
a compliment to Carol Klein's garden/nursery :-)

Janet

Old 15-05-2004, 03:03 PM
~~Linda~~

In , 13/05/04, cross thought
carefully and then said:

Carol Klein's garden is Glebe Cottage in Warkleigh, Devon and according
to this slightly out of date reference, it's open on a couple of
Sundays in March:

Find an open garden (maybe!) at http://www.ngs.org.uk/search1.htm

Glebe Cottage is open in 2004 on

06 June 2004 ---- next open day

---------
Thanks for the replies, and spelling correction ;-)

Unfortunately, we are not around that area on 6th June. Perhaps another
time...............

http://www.ngs.org.uk/ngs-bin/garden...?gardenID=9994

It also says Garden and nursery open Weds, Thurs, Fris 10-1, 2-5
other dates for the NGS

Hope that might be helpful. Enjoy your week away :-)
Old 16-05-2004, 10:20 PM
cross

http://www.ngs.org.uk/ngs-bin/garden...?gardenID=9994

It also says Garden and nursery open Weds, Thurs, Fris 10-1, 2-5
other dates for the NGS

Hope that might be helpful. Enjoy your week away :-)

Thankyou for all the information, we should be able to see it after all
;-)

Hopefully we will find our way there, armed with husbands latest
toy.............. a laptop with maps.

Devon here we come!

Marina
E. Sx