Old 14-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Newbie Bill

Default drats - fish problem

Thanks for your advice. What are the pros and cons of PP over Formalin. I
still have not located PP and I can buy enough Formalin for one complete
round of treatments for about $9.
Bill

wrote in message
all sores are bacterial probably aeromonas or columnaris. PP the pond and

feed
antibiotic food. get the salt up to 0.1% . Ingrid

"Bill" wrote:

About a month ago I salted my pond to .3%. My in laws were coming so I

did
not let the 'treatment' stay a full 2 weeks, as the flashing symptoms had
stopped at .1% and I wanted to show off my pond with all plants back in

it.
I treated the kiddie pool plants the day before I put them back in the

pond
with formalin (Pond Care) which may not have been long enough as well. I
rushed the whole thing. Now my fish are not flashing but very recently I
have noticed several have a 'sore' about the size of your fingertip. I

cant
see either clearly but it appears the affected area is possibly a little
redder hue than the unaffected areas, as if the scales are gone, and

ringed
in white. I think the white is edges ofscales, but cant be sure its not
some sort of growth. I am afraid this is the beginning of ulcers. Water

is
good, no new fish, only new plant are those returned from the kiddie

pool,
possibly not effectively disinfected.
1) Should I re salt (properly) and 2)is there something else I should add
during or after for the 'sores', like Melafix. or 3)instead of salt.

4)Does
any of this sound consistent that I have what seems to be new symptoms
scarcely 3 weeks after my previous treatment, albeit incompletely.

Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/