Old 15-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Tim Nicholson

Default Topsoil suppliers

On Fri, 14 May 2004 19:03:00 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Find out where the local landscapers go. 'blended loam' from a good
supplier should be good. The original soil will probably be from
agricultural land being turned over to development and will be
screened so largely free of rocks, perennial weeds etc and will have
some ameliorators added, things like sharp grit/sand, mushroom compost
etc.

Rod

After an hour or so ringing around yesterday, being quoted prices from
£60 per tonne down to £ 7 - eventually settled on £21 / tonne inc VAT,
delivered. (I'd have had to collect the £7 deal myself, and the
flatbed hire made it more expensive). I'll let you know how it turns
out on Monday.

Tim