Old 15-05-2004, 07:14 PM
auntie_biotic

Default How to plant dahlias

Thanks Brian
Should have mentioned I have some tubers and cant work out which way is up.

"Brian" wrote in message
Your Dahlias will be either plants or 'dryish' tubers. You should also

know
the potential height.
Plans should be put out in a couple of weeks with the soil up to the

present
level. Place a support at the same time.
Tubers should be planted deep enough to ensure the top point is about an
inch below the surface. Again with support. These could go out now. The

top
is recognised by having little shoots arising or where you can see last
year's growth was removed. If still in doubt place them sideways~~they

will
recover but be a little late!!
Best Wishes Brian 'flayb' to respond.
"auntie_biotic" wrote in message
could someone please advise me on the correct method of planting dahlias
Thanks

auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk