Old 16-05-2004, 02:02 AM
William W. Plummer

Default With Woody The Woodchuck, You Ain't Gonna Win

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

'chucks are strange. You can out run them in about 100'. Then they just
freeze. One time I caught with one and clonked it really hard with a
shovel I happen to be using at the time. I thought he was dead but when I
came back a hour later, he was gone.

I thought I had fixed the little sob by filling his holes with gravel and
plastic bags. I didn't see it for 3 weeks, but yesterday morning, he was
back. Probably a neighbor's.