Old 15-05-2004, 07:08 PM
BroJack

Default With Woody The Woodchuck, You Ain't Gonna Win

You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

It just ain't fair.

BroJack
Old 16-05-2004, 02:02 AM
William W. Plummer

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

'chucks are strange. You can out run them in about 100'. Then they just
freeze. One time I caught with one and clonked it really hard with a
shovel I happen to be using at the time. I thought he was dead but when I
came back a hour later, he was gone.

I thought I had fixed the little sob by filling his holes with gravel and
plastic bags. I didn't see it for 3 weeks, but yesterday morning, he was
back. Probably a neighbor's.

Old 17-05-2004, 02:03 PM
dps

BroJack wrote:

You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow...

They're also curious. They'll poke their head up to see if the coast is
clear. If you can stand quietly by the burrow with the shotgun pointed
at it, chances are fair that you can get woody. Takes 2-3 minutes. If it
takes longer than that, he probably went to another exit.
Old 20-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Lisa

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

It just ain't fair.

BroJack

Geez Jack,,,,,ya never know where you'll show up. You sure do get around.
Let me tell you, ass-p is such a bore these days, go trolling a bit there
will ya? I need a good laugh.

Old 20-05-2004, 07:04 PM
BroJack

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:31:25 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

"BroJack" wrote in message
ws.com...
You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

It just ain't fair.

BroJack

Geez Jack,,,,,ya never know where you'll show up. You sure do get around.
Let me tell you, ass-p is such a bore these days, go trolling a bit there
will ya? I need a good laugh.

Are you the same Lisa whom I battled recently in balt.general on the
subject of labor unions ... or another Lisa?

BroJack

Old 20-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Lisa

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:31:25 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

"BroJack" wrote in message
ws.com...
You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and
goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row,
armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol'
fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me
curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners
at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

It just ain't fair.

BroJack

Geez Jack,,,,,ya never know where you'll show up. You sure do get

around.
Let me tell you, ass-p is such a bore these days, go trolling a bit

there
will ya? I need a good laugh.

Are you the same Lisa whom I battled recently in balt.general on the
subject of labor unions ... or another Lisa?

BroJack

Wasn't me, I lurk in alt.support.single-parents,,,,,,full of ultra
conservative pulpit people

Old 20-05-2004, 09:02 PM
BroJack

On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:06:54 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

Wasn't me, I lurk in alt.support.single-parents,,,,,,full of ultra
conservative pulpit people

Huh?

I remember a crazy nurse there who emailed me upskirt photos of
herself.

If that's a pulpit peep .....

BroJack

Old 21-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Lisa

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:06:54 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

Wasn't me, I lurk in alt.support.single-parents,,,,,,full of ultra
conservative pulpit people

Huh?

I remember a crazy nurse there who emailed me upskirt photos of
herself.

If that's a pulpit peep .....

BroJack

LOL. You lucky duck. Don't forget the loony chick. She's not around these
days, I'm bored.