Old 16-05-2004, 04:06 AM
JimS.

Default What causes blooms to shrink in size?

"Emil" wrote in message
Hi,

One rose in particular is Midas Touch. When MT first started blooming this
year, the roses were nice and big, now I am getting small flowers, that
don't open correctly.

Emil,
It's not unusual for the first flush of blooms for the season to be more
numerous and larger than the later blooms. Mine always do that too.

My Tigress rose is also giving smaller blooms thanlast year, and I won't

even mention JFK.

Yeah, don't even mention JFK. I had it too, but I finally dug it up. It
never put forth too many blooms for me. The blooms it did have were nice,
but not very numerous. I finally orphaned it to the city-owned parking
strip on the corner. Too bad--I liked it, but it just wasn't productive.