Old 16-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Rez

Default temp and tomato fruit set

In article , Frogleg wrote:
Where did you read that? Tomatoes will fail to bloom and/or set fruit
when *daytime* temperatures get above 90F, or some such, and tomato

No one told the random tomatoes we planted here the past couple years.
The hotter it got the better they liked it. And we often get a couple
weeks with daytime temps regularly hitting 115F. This year's random
tomatos (freebies from the fair, one is Champion and I forget the
other variety, maybe Challenger??) decided to bloom for the first time
during a cold snap, when temps were in the 40-50 range all the time.

Maybe it's the desert climate... too much sun on their heads makes
plants crazy

~REZ~