Old 16-05-2004, 05:07 PM
k conover

Default Heron Strikes here......

Yep, I moved here (Atlanta) from San Diego to a house with a 1200 gallon
pond and couldn't believe it when I looked out one morning and saw a huge
heron standing over my pond--thought I was seeing things!!! Of course,
there are probably similar birds in San Diego but never had a pond there!
So went out and immediately got a net, which has definitely helped not only
with predators but leaves and the lovely pollen flower tops that cover
everything this time of year...
Kirsten
"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
This morning I looked out the back door and 10 feet away stood a Blue

Heron.
Originally could only find one fish.....now I see two. Had six before his
visit......hoping more show up.

I've since ran out to Lowes and Home Depot.....found a net at Home Depot

for
$6.90. Hard lesson to learn, NET IT. (Even if you think your 1000 gallon
pond won't attract the Great Blue Heron........it will.)

Of course hubby is saying I told you so.......he told me to net it....said
they'd get eaten.....now he's right......damn I hate that!

Lisa