Old 16-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Emil

Default What causes blooms to shrink in size?

"JimS." wrote in message

"Emil" wrote in message

"JimS." wrote in message

That's interesting. Sundance is a new rose I planted this year. The

first
bloom was HUGE, now it's giving off small roses. After a year or two

will
the blooms get bigger?

I don't know.... But I bet you will see next year, the first round of
blooms is again the biggest (bigger than your second round this year),

then
the later rounds get smaller. Whether the later rounds are bigger than

the
later ones this year, I don''t know. Mine seem to stay about the same,

but
the first blooms are the biggest.

I just don't like white roses in general. They give me the most problems
with disease, and not opening up correctly.

Do you have Iceberg or Fabulous? They're both white, bloom a lot, and

mine
are pretty disease resistent. They are more bushy and the form is a

little
different, but they are both pretty trouble free for me.

JimS.
Seattle

The 2 white roses I have are JFK and Grand Finale. Both are going to get the
shovel prune soon. I had Iceberg at my old house, never had Fabulous. Is
Fabulous a Tea rose?

Emil