Old 17-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Something red grows in the bird bath

Nope. What you describe reads more like an infestation of toxic so-called
blue-green bacteria (I know the color is red not blue-green) fed by the bird
poop.

The best way to kill them noxious critters off is by using chlorine bleach.

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
om...
Red tide in your bird bath?

May be a toxic bacteria growing there.

Thoroughly clean it out with bleach and start again.

Can you get red tide in fresh water? I've tried cleaning it but it just
keeps returning, regardless whether it's rainwater or tap water. I was
thinking more along the lines of a chemical reaction with something in the
concrete.... any possibility of that?

Karen