Old 17-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Bob

Default Lily beetles spreading...

I spotted a couple of lily beetles in the garden last weekend. According to
the stuff I've read about them, they've been spreading from the south. I'm
in Northants, which is further north than I've seen mentioned anywhere else.

Curiously, a lot of people mention Fritillaria imperilalis as another plant
attacked by them. I only planted these this year - the lilies have been
there a lot longer.

I wonder whether these beetles are in fact being spread with, or are more
strongly attracted to, the Fritillarias - perhaps lilies are only attacked
as a secondary source of food?

Bob