Old 17-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Juggs

Default Lily beetles spreading...

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:51:56 +0100, "Bob"
wrote:

I wonder whether these beetles are in fact being spread with, or are more
strongly attracted to, the Fritillarias - perhaps lilies are only attacked
as a secondary source of food?

I certainly found them on the fritarillaretcy before I found them on
the lilies.

You might want to mention something to RHS, or to the Times Gardener.
It is important, for some reason that escapes me right now, but I do
agree with the general principle, to notify people about the spread of
pests.

Glenys

--
When our schools started teaching the leftist concept of 'provable causal relationships',
Communism gained the upper hand in Vietnam. I think there is a lesson to be learned from that.