Old 18-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Michelle

Default getting existing ivy to cover bare ereas

I'd enrich and til that spot and just plant the ivy cuttings or buy
the plants again and give it a go but avoid planting when it is very
hot .
good luck

On 5 May 2004 05:40:28 -0700, (David A. Kraft) wrote:

I originally posted this last year but never got any response so
thought I would try again......

I live in Northern NJ. On the side of my house is a steep slope,
approx 20? x 100? long. Since I moved in approx 4 years ago, about 75%
of the slope is nicely covered with Ivy. The rest of it is simply bare
earth & or weeds & rocks which I keep removing. For the past 2 years
or so I
have been trying to get the ivy cover on the remaining 25% with no
success.

I have taken clippings from the existing Ivy & transplanted it & I
have bought trays of small ivy plants & planted those ? I see no
results.

Anyone have any ideas that may help?

Cant I simply buy a bag of ivy seeds somewhere & just dump them all
over the area? Anyone know where I can buy this if this is the way to
go?