Old 18-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Zemmy!!

Default How Long?

Did you mound up compost over the canes? It's recommended by many
experts. It will help protect new growth from drying winds and hot
sun. Keep the compost mounded up for about a month or until new growth
starts peeking through the mulch. Then *carefully* pull the mulch back
trying to avoid damaging the new growth. At that time, you can make a
"doughnut" of mulch around the rose that will help keep moisture in as
well.

Thanks for the tip. The planting instructions didn't advise it but I did it
(especially since I'll be gone for a few days).

Thanks for the help
Zemmy!