Old 18-05-2004, 04:11 AM
Kathy

Default Galvanized Pond For Temporary Safekeeping

It is questionable. Try to find a Rubbermaid. I have been using them for
years. But I am out here in horse country. I can get them from the local ACE
Hardware store. A 300 is as big as they sell for moveable tanks, but it only
cost $189 and you could get a couple and use them, move them, and make vegie
filters out of them later or a hospital tank.They are a bit deeper than the
metal ones and they have a bottom drain for easy empty.
Don't dent and non toxic.The easy draining was our big selling point, no
pumping ! But net them, if you move fish they will jump!
KathyAZ
"JB" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello!

A few weeks back I asked for suggestions on what to do with my koi and
goldfish. You see I'm moving and do not have a pond at my new home. I'm

not
sure where to build the new pond and wanted to live there for a while to

let
me see where the place tells me a pond is needed. Over the weekend I found

720 gallon galvanized stock tank that I thought looked promising as a
temporary home to keep my fish in until I build the new pond. I wasn't

sure
about whether galvanized steel was a safe environment for fish. Does

anyone
have any experiences in keeping fish in a galvanized tank? I figure that

if
I can keep them in temporary housing over the summer then I can have them

in
a new pond next spring.

Thanks so much for any help.

John