Old 18-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Newbie but plant-stupid learning by trial and error :)

Amy D in :

Thought I'd do a quick intro. I've lived in Mobile, AL for 3 1/2
years now but we just bought a house where I have the terrifying task
of landscaping when I am from western Nebraska where nothing grows

http://www.panhandle.unl.edu/arboretum/arborbro.htm
http://citnews.unl.edu/florasearch/region.html

and
my husband is from Illinois and as clueless as I am about southern
Alabama.

http://www.alabamawildflower.org/
http://www.lsuagcenter.com/nav/publi...capingpubs.asp
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...lsuagcenter %
2Ecom+figs

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=site%
3Awww.lsuagcenter.com+released+%7C+%22new+cultivar s%22&btnG=Search

www.gulftel.com/jdwyer/camellia_links.htm
Alabama Experiment Station
http://www.ag.auburn.edu/aaes/commun...tionslist.html

Alabama Extension Service
http://www.aces.edu/pubs/
Georgia Experiment Station
http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubs/ES-pubs.htm

Georgia Extension Service
http://www.ces.uga.edu/ces/pubs.html
Florida
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/
Missouri
http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
less direct :-)

http://www.m-w.com/maps/china2.html
china has continental climate, but
climate comparisons could be tricky, since so cent china seems to be high
elevation. very unlike so cent USA.

http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/help/contemporary.html
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/re.../samericm.html
S america continent narrows toward the south, but i'm guessing that among s
American climates, buenos aires/paraguay/urugauy is closest climate to s
cent US.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&q=+louisiana+argentina+uruguay+flowers+evergreen+ %7C+deciduous+%
7C+native+%7C+species+

ex.:
http://www.rareplants.co.uk/zephyran/species.htm

~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22De...Alabama%20%7C%
20Louisiana%20%7C%20Mississippi&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=dw

http://www.hal-pc.org/~trobb/mastgar.html

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=%
22Louisiana+Society+for+Horticulture%22

http://www.google.com/search?
sourceid=navclient&q=Society+Horticulture++Alabama +%7C+Louisiana+%
7C+Mississippi

I have several questions but have decided rather than putting them all
in one post I'd ask them separately to keep it simple.

Looks like a great group! There aren't any trolls who would
intentionally kill my plants around here I should know about are
there?

amy