Old 18-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Katra

Default Looking for cheap pots

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:01:09 -0500, Katra
wrote:

Barton springs nursery? :-)
Whereabouts is that?

3900 block of Bee Caves Road - there abouts. I would look them up in
the phone book and call, though. Landscape installation companies
waste a lot of these pots and have few ways to get them back to the
commercial grower - who probably does not want them anyway as they
would need to be washed and sterilized prior to reuse.

So going through the phone book and calling a few of the bigger
landscape installation/maintenance companies (TexasScape comes to
mind) could lead to a goldmine of use pots.

Wholesale nursery suppliers are not likely to be either found or want
to do business with you. It is an inbred industry. I suspect that
some form of begging and dumpster diving works best.

Rusty Mase

Wow, never thought of the landscaping folks!!!
Bet that'd be a killer source for pots, thanks for the idea! :-)

I'll make some phone calls and let you know how it works out.
Bet they'd sell me dirty pots cheap if I offered to pay..... G

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...