Old 18-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Bees...

In article ,
"Franz Heymann" writes:
| "Red Devil" wrote in message
| I was knocking down my bedroom ceiling yesterday when suddenly some
| bees
| started falling into the room from above. I think that they are
| bumble bees,
| as some of them are very fat and over an inch long. There is some
| loft
| insulation between the joists so I can't really see where that are
| actually
| coming from. I presume the nest may actually be in the outside wall.
|
| Is there any way that I could gently persuade to 'move them on' as I
| don't
| want to kill them.
| My wife is really scared of them, so they will have to go.
| I would be grateful for any help.
|
| They are bumble bees. Bumble bees do not sting.

While they can sting, I agree that they almost never do. You can
pick them up gently in your bare hands with a negligible risk of
being stung - the only times I have ever been stung is when I have
trodden on them in bare feet, and my sympathy was mainly with the
bee!

The solution in this case is to restore the ceiling (which I assume
is planned, anyway), when they will cause no further trouble, and
get on with pollinating the flowers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.