Old 18-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Go Fig

Default Pond pump sizing

In article , Mark
Bannister wrote:

Filter. That's still open. Local dealer is trying to sell me a small
vortex type filter. It has a small amount of media in the bottom and you
can add a UV light to it easily. I forget the brand. How could a
biological filter work with a UV light?

It is incredibly hard to beat a sand filter and a separate in-line UV
filter (Pond Clear Pro 30 Watt) for crystal clear water. I always try
to incorporate sands filters, you will need to provided drainage for a
sand filter when backflushing though.

UV filters only effect the water that is pasted through them, the
cultured bacteria in a filter will not be effected.

jay
Fri May 14, 2004