Old 18-05-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Netting around plants?

my ponds have bird netting doesnt require lifting at all. it is not obtrusive to
look thru the net at my fish. I can also lift the netting easily (it is just hooked
over screw on the edge if I want to pet the fish or pick stuff out of the pond or
clean the lilies.
I have lilies in the pond, any low growing plants do fine under the netting. I have
the tall stuff in my veggie filters which are only netted until the plants get tall
enough and stop birds from bathing in the water.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/changes/changes.htm
the netting is on the pond in all the pictures.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/2003/8-2003B.htm
Ingrid

Sean Dinh wrote:

My former neighbor uses greenhouse screen to cover his new pond at his new
house, since an egret always hang out on the power pole above the pond. His pond
does not have any water plants. I would have to lift up the screen to view the
Koi.
My other acquaintances use car canopy to cover their ponds. None of them have
water plants.

I have water plants in my pond. I have as much affection for water plants as
fish. Covering the pond is not an option.

k conover wrote:

No response :-(
Maybe it's a stupid question--you either have netting or plants in the
pond, but not both?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com