Old 18-05-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Heron Strikes here......

nothing frightens a hungry heron for long. there is no such thing as a too enclosed
space for herons to fish. lots of people are amazed to find em standing right
outside their windows. trees are where herons roost, so trees are ideal for them.
the only way to keep em out FOR SURE is netting. they didnt spend millions of years
evolving to deal with netting. Ingrid

I happened to have a bunch of scraps of 4" black ABS pipe, so I tossed
those in to provide hiding places. Then just the other weekend, we
found and bought a thing called a "Heron Scarem". It's a styrofoam
pyramid with mirror decals on it, that you float in the middle of the
pond. Supposedly, the herons don't like the reflections that come off
it.

Our pond is too enclosed by tree and house to be very attractive to
herons -- I think they prefer open spaces.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.