Old 19-05-2004, 02:08 AM
John Savage

Default Norfolk Island Pine Sap

Chookie writes:
In article ,
Joe wrote:

I have a Norfolk Island pine that was originally a potted plant.
Three years ago I planted it outside and it has been doing well.
It is now 10 ft (3 meters) tall with a trunk of 1.25 inch (3 cm)
diameter.
We are located in the San Jose area of Northern California USA.
It is spring here and I have noticed that there is sap oozing from the
trunk at several locations about 2 meters from the ground.
Should I be alarmed??

Only at the fact that you have planted it out. I hope there are no overhead
wires near it, and that you have plenty of space.

Be alert but not alarmed.

California, eh? Eventually his Norfolk Palm will be useful as a fire lookout!