Old 19-05-2004, 06:05 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default Carbon Filters in planted tanks

Carbon filters remove alot of the trace elements in the water that plants
need. Just buy another foam insert to replace the carbon filter insert. I
have an aquaclear filter with two foam inserts and they work great and my
water is crystal clear. Your plants, once established, will quickly start
absorbing/using the ammonias and nitrites that often are detrimental to fish
health. Make sure you have quite a few plants in the water to jump start
their competition over algae proliferation.

Dave.

"Commander Vimes" wrote in message
hi there,

I have just purchased a Jewul aquarium, which comes with a carbon
filter pad as standard. I have read elsewhere that carbon filters
might remove any plnat food that I put in the tank. Is this the case?
If so, any advice on what to do in terms of replacement filter media
would be appreciated,

many thanks,

Vimes