Old 19-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] conventions

Bob Pastorio wrote:

I've been on and off this list over the past few years with the

press
of business and personal things. My wife just gave me a

birthday
present that I think is very cool. An all-expense paid trip to

St
Louis, MO to the convention in June.
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/conv04/conv04info.html

ENJOY!

I'm a bit surprised that there's no mention of it on the list.

Is
anyone going?

It's just a wild guess, but I suspect that Alan W. will be there.
;-)

Any thoughts on it? If you have opinions you'd like to
share but would rather not post your ideas here, I'd appreciate

it if
you'd drop me an email.

I've been to BCI meets and they do an excellent job. I'm off to
the Florida show two weekends from this one, and one a year is
about my limit.

snip

Do we just not talk about conventions on list? Is there some

sort of
unwritten limit that says we shouldn't? I realize that we have
subscribers all over the world, but I promise not to be upset

if I
can't get to one far away. If not, are there other such events

we
might like to mention to kindle interest?

We frequently discuss conventions. Beforehand it's "who is
going?" (like yours), and arranging for the Annual business
meeting of the Internet Bonsai Club (in the bar!!!); since I'm
not going this year, I don't know who's making the meeting
arrangements for the BCI Convention. ;-) Maybe Reiner, our
outgoing Treasurer is doing it (but he usually brings his own,
since he has complete disdain for USA beers). Occasionally, list
teetotalers get miffed with the beer discussions and demand to
"get back to bonsai."

Afterward, discussion usually moves to the gallery where members
post pics of the display trees and workshops.

Congrats on the B'day gift; it's a good one. Be nice to her.
;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++