Old 19-05-2004, 05:14 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default IVY, please help

"redclay" wrote in message

Frogleg wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:28:53 +0100, "Amanda Izzard"
wrote:

I am having a big problem with ivy,the last tennant planted it and now

it
is
growing out of control, I have tried weed killers from homebase and

nothing
seems to kill it off...Does ne one have ne ideas at all??

Pull, cut, mow, and repeat as necessary. The leaves are too tough and
waxy to absorb weedkillers. Even Glyphosate has little or no effect
except on the smallest and tenderest of emerging shoots. This is true

and
the new shoots are what you spray and spray each and every week till the
stuff is gone. On the young tender leaves janitorial strength ammonia

will
kill them as well

Seem to recall a method where you put Tumbleweed in a plastic bag then tie
this over the end of the shoot.

Anyone tried this with ivy?