Old 19-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Rez

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article , Katra wrote:
I usually just toss the trap into a bucket of water and walk away for 10
minutes or so. If I don't have to watch, I can handle it.

LOL! Not me, I've had enough stuff destroyed by rats, mice, and
rabbits, that it doesn't bother me one bit to watch 'em suffer

When I catch rats by hand, I grab them by the tail and hit them hard
against the nearest cinder block or tree, and that kills them.

Works for me

The other morning, I found two nests and managed to kill one adult
female and 16 young rats that way. I watch carefully for nesting sites
and clean them out about once every couple of weeks.

Probably as good a control method as any.

Fortunately where I am now, there don't seem to be any rats, tho there
are mice in droves (they demolished my cauliflower, and those were BIG
plants, almost 3 feet tall) and of course the Starving Attack Rabbits.
I encourage "safe" snakes (tho I've got 14 rattlers in my trophy box,
in just two years time!) and just picked up a couple feral cats who
both have litters, hopefully enough kittens will not get eaten by owls
to grow up and become good mousers. You can't grow cats fast enough
around here...

Tho beware of snakes around chickens, I have personally SEEN gopher
snakes rob nests for eggs, and even fight the hen for the eggs! and
snakes can CLIMB!

~REZ~