Old 19-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] I get to bring a tree to Ben Oki this weekend !!

I'm sure many of you have met the man and seen his demos. Any
tips on
what to bring ? Raw nursery stock or clean it up first? Tree

species
to bring ? Do's and Don'ts ?

Make it LARGE (3-4 feet with a husky trunk). An overgrown tree
(so he has lots of options and lots to cut!). At least 15 gal
Nursery plant -- & one that's been in the pot for a while.

Juniper, boxwood, Podocarpus.

It depends on how many trees he'll work on that night. He works
FAST!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++