Old 19-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] I get to bring a tree to Ben Oki this weekend !!

In a message dated 5/19/2004 2:33:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm sure many of you have met the man and seen his demos. Any tips on
what to bring? Raw nursery stock or clean it up first? Tree species
to bring? Do's and Don'ts?

I would heed the advice from Jim Lewis and add:

1. Ben will expect you to wire everything you don't cut off,
so you could cut off anything that is clearly not usable for a Bonsai.

2. Ben is comfortable with most plant stock, however, being
from LA, he is very comfortable with tropicals, including the many varieties of
Ficus. (Which Jim Lewis wouldn't mention because he doesn't do them.)

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++